Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Goat Cheese-Stuffed French Toast

Yes I did this.

I had just a smidgen of honey infused goat cheese left over from an evening of cheese, wine, and friends.

This was too large a piece to throw away, but not really a big enough piece to share.

Well the hubby is out for the evening so I thought I'd experiment with this overly indulgent dinner idea.

First I made french toast like normal.  I combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon to my mine.

Then I spread the goat cheese on the warm french toast.

For good measure, I added a few chopped walnuts.  I considered adding blueberries (which I picked on Monday), but that would require a trip to the deep freezer and I just wasn't feelin' it.

Then I threw another piece on top and added a little syrup.  Of course, I only added powder sugar for the photo, I would never over do it in this matter (haha, yeah right).

No comments: